The Department of Geography is relatively a new department in the history of Bidhan Chandra College. It was established in 2008. The Department mainly aims at empowering the students to lead the society and to understand the Geographical elements and strengthen the atmosphere of the society. In a short span of time, this department has earned a lot of reputation and popularity for providing higher and quality education and fulfilling growing needs of the society. Now this department is one of the favourite among students of our College.
The laboratories of the department are equipped with both conventional and advanced technology based instruments. Teachers are very cooperative. As a resultthe students of the department are doing pretty well in university level with ranks. Grooming classes arranged for final year students every year are fruitful.
The cultural ingenuities of the students are framed in the Wall magazines and creativity section of the department. Educational tours arranged every year that tighten the teacher student bonding and make a healthy atmosphere for easy exchange of views between teachers and students.
1. To organize training programmes and workshops in RS-GIS-GPS technology for the creation of awareness regarding this newly emerging tool of geography among the learners of this backward area.
2. To study Geographical elements along with the study of its specio temporal impact on Human and other Factors.
3. To develop liking for the subject among the students.
4. To develop Geographical consequences among the students.
5. To analyses Geography with other subject.
6. To highlight the linkages of systematic Geography of India.
7. To provide over view of Resources Geography and its Interface with Environment.
|Ms. Priyanka Kar Roy||MA||Govt. Approved PTT||N/A|
|Soumi Sengupta||M. A||SACT||Link|
Current Visitors - 5 | Total Visitors - 349346